Date:      Thu, 16 May 2002 23:42:40 -0400
From:      "Adam Migus" <adam@migus.org>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE:

James,
You could use dummynet(4) to introduce delays, limit throughput, etc.  You
could also play with the various sysctl(8) variables.

net.inet.ip.rtexpire
net.inet.ip.rtminexpire
net.inet.ip.rtmaxcache
net.inet.tcp.delacktime
net.inet.tcp.delayed_ack

Just to name a few.  Trying doing:

sysctl -A | grep "net.inet"

You can even mess around with some of the ipc related variables:

sysctl -A | grep "kern.ipc"

You should be able to manipulate the stack enough with that but there is
always the source.  :-)
--
Adam Migus (adam@migus.org) (amigus@FreeBSD.org)
FreeBSD (http://www.freebsd.org) | The Power to Serve