Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:34:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RSA library problems

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Paul Richards wrote:

> > Because the dlopen() of librsaintl.so fails.
>
> Ok, I give up :-) Why would that happen then ?

I don't know :-)

> I'm not the only person seeing this, it's been reported on the ports
> list by someone else as well.

Hmm, I think I missed this mail.

> Do you mean section 8.5? I was looking for implementation details not a
> general overview.
>
> e.g. what goes on in libcrypto that determines which of the librsa*
> libraries to load. Yes, I know I could read the code but I'm just
> looking for some general pointers as to what's supposed to be going on.

libcrypto tries to dlopen() librsaintl, or failing that, librsausa when a
RSA function is called.

librsaintl contains the OpenSSL RSA code.

librsausa contains wrappers which interface to the RSAREF API, and calls
librsaref via dlopen().

If you need more than that, perhaps either read the code or the mailing
list archives for the last month. I've explained it all N>>1 times :-)

Kris

----