Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:22:30 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Unknow User <kernel@tdnet.com.br>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: shell account server

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Unknow User wrote:

> (The company is beginning, so 100% client satisfaction is highly
> desirable)
>
> 1) once seted up, never reboot it!
> 2) very fast service, i have to build a fine kernel, compile all
> necessary softwares including only necessary options!
> 3) if the system is hacked i will be probably fired
> 4) No data can be lost.
>
> There is some other points, but for now, it's necessary!
>
> I began with FreeBSD 2.2.7-Release, i bought the Great Book The Complete
> FreeBSD, i  have a good (not enough) amount of knownledge about seting
> up FreeBSD machines.

If you're really that inexperienced, I seriously doubt you'll be able to do a
perfect job first up, no matter how much advice you get (no-one could). Pay a
consultant to set the machine up for you is my advice, possibly even hire a
good UNIX admin to work for your company.

Starting an ISP is not something you can do without experience and
understanding - it's a major undertaking and as you noted, if you screw up it
will cost you.

Kris

-----
    -- Unknown