Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:45:49 -0800
From:      Jason Fayre <jfayre@pacbell.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   nat problems on 3.4-release

Hello,
I'm having some really strange problems with nat.  I am connecting to the
internet through a DSL connection which uses PPPOE.  Everything is basically
working fine with my nat setup except that I cannot connect to certain
sites.
For example:
http://my.nextcard.com

I am trying to connect through my Win98 machine which is natted behind my
FreeBSD machine.  When I try to go to this site, it just sits there for
about a minute and then times out.  Some other sites are:
http://yp.yahoo.com
also, the members area of http://www.dhs.org.
I'm not sure what these sites are doing that won't allow me to connect.  If
I connect to them directly from the BSD machine, everything works fine.  Its
just the natted machine that giving me problems.  I haven't set up any kind
of firewalling, so everything should be pretty straight-forward.  I am using
the NAT support built-in to ppp.

Any ideas?

-- Jason Fayre