Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:43:32 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports dependencies problem on bento with bison ports

Satoshi,

>  * i've found a ports dependencies problem which causes
>  * bento to fail to build one of my ports.

Thanks for the explanation as why the port
fails on bento (package cluster)

> This works reasonably well *except* the case like Roger described
> here, when one of the build-deps actually require the dependency to be
> built, not just run.  (I.e., when you have ":build" or something
> tacked to the end of *_DEPENDS lines.)

Right now, I'm happy with the workariund (assuming it works)
of adding USE_BISON=yes in the opengatekeeper port Makefile.

I've also been thinking about changing the port, which would
save you some work resolving this problem.

Openh323 builds a library and a statically linked executable
called voxilla.
The openh323 package just contains the 'voxilla' executable.

OpenGatekeeper only wants the library from openh323.
So, I could make the openh323 package contain 'voxilla'
AND the library files and header files it needs.

I'll have to split openh323 up into
openh323lib and pwlib, and increase the size of the package
by including libraries, but this would solve the problem
by doing things a more traditional way.

Roger