Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 11:50:11 -0400
From:      Luc Morin <luc_m@videotron.ca>
To:        torstenb@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problems with pidentd-2.8.5

Hi,

I had pidentd-2.8.5 installed on my 3.2-stable (cvsup last week) for a
while now, and it was working fine. I rebuilt the port on september 3rd,
and now it doesn't work anymore.

I found that if I try to run identd as user kmem:kmem in inetd.conf, it
won't work though that's how it used to work before I rebuilt the port.
Now I have to run it as root:wheel in order for it to run properly.

I noticed that there were some changes in the past few months in the CVS
registry, so I'm wondering if there could be anything broken. Or maybe
it's just that the user identd needs to run as has changed.

Thank you for your time.

--
Luc Morin    <luc_m@videotron.ca>
Electrical Engineering Technologist