Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:56:54 -0500
From:      Sean Michael Whipkey <highway@cstone.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rite of Passage

"G. Adam Stanislav" wrote:
> And kudos to the kernel developers for making such a nice, powerful,
> yet very flexible system! Thank you for a work well done.

I'd definitely have to agree!  The first time I rebuilt the kernel was
"over the wire" - I did it on a machine colocated at our service
provider, rebuilt everything, then rebooted - and prayed for a few
minutes while I hoped SSH would come back up.

It did and everything worked beautifully.  I do it regularly now, trying
to tweak out more performance, and the only time I've ever messed up was
when I was upgrading from 3.X to 4.X, and took out something that
specifically said 'don't take me out'. :-)

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - "The Man.  The goatee.  The reputation." - Kimmet
"What the hell is wrong with that boy?!?" - Adrienne Uphoff