Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:11:05 -0700
From:      Joey Garcia <jbgarcia@inreach.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   F86-CX.TGZ not found when copying to Dos partition/ Cdrom error

	Hey guys,

	Okay seems like FreeBSD does not like my IDE CDROM (Hitachi) so I guess i
have to
install from a DOS partition. Well considering that I ran into problems on
both trys I guess maybe you can give me some help.  First let me tell you
the Error message when I tried installing from CDROM.  It said:

Error mounting /dev/wcd0c on /dist: Input/Output Error (5)

I have a Hitatchi IDE Cdrom.  The FreeBSD partition is the second partion
on my hardrive (I only have one hardrive).  The first partition is
dedicated to Win95.  I don't know what other information you might need.

	Okay, as for installing from a DOS partition.  I tried copying everything
from the CDROM to my DOS partition, but it stops and says:

F86-CX.TGZ not found.

I'm wondering the hell that is, and is it necessary?  Maybe I can omit
something from the menu's that will make the copying process not look for
that and must move on.  I do want a  XFree86 system though.  Although maybe
Accelerated X would be better, I'm not sure.  But I'll make do with what I
have at the moment.

	Can anyone either help me fix the cdrom problem or the dos partion
problem?  Thanks in advance. :)

							Bear

= Joey "Bear" Garcia                                         =
= Downey, CA                                                 =
= jbgarcia@inreach.com                                       =
= 310-898-8556 (pager)                                       =
= "If your still in control, you're not driving fast enough" =