Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2015 21:01:58 -0500
From:      Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: kernel build fails

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 17:34:00 -0700
Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

> Can you describe your host environment, including the date it was
> last updated, as well as the exact version of the sources you are
> trying to build? It sounds like a tool mismatch. We=E2=80=99ve been moving
> very quickly and lately the =E2=80=9Calways works=E2=80=9D buildkernel wi=
ll often
> fail when you haven=E2=80=99t updated your tools with a make buildworld or
> make kernel-toolchain before make buildkernel.
>=20
> Warner
>=20

The hardware is a bog standard BeagleBone (not black).  The environment
was produced with crochet a couple of weeks ago.

FreeBSD beaglebone 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r278741: Sat
Feb 14 06:04:22 EST 2015
wynkoop@prd2.wynn.com:/proj/wynkoop/crochet/crochet-freebsd-master/work/obj=
/arm.armv6/proj/wynkoop/armsrc/sys/BEAGLEBONE
arm

A few days ago I tried to NFS mount the arm sources from prd2 and do a
kernel build directly on the BB using the generic BEAGLEBONE config
file.  That build failed, so I then did a svn up of my arm source tree
on prd2 and tried again. =20

After that to make sure NFS was not any part of the issue I rsynced the
sources to the BB /usr/src and tried again, then most recently today I
did another svn up and tried again.

I have set nothing on the BeagleBone in any way other than what was
produced by crochet.

I hope this provides needed clues. BTW I have 512M swap.  My first
attempts to build failed on out of memory.

-Brett

--=20

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

The Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that=20
constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence=20
at the time of the founding. ~ Justice Scalia