Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:07:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Bob Keys <rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gateway ALR servers any good for FBSD web server box?????

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu wrote:

> I may have to buy contract which could be Gateway.  Is the Gateway
> ALR 9200 series top end box any good as an FBSD web server?

Here's the possible problems:

> 16MB ADAC A-466 Ultra2 1 Channel RAID Card

Who?  I can't find a match for this vendor or their part number.  This
isn't supported.

> Integrated Dual Channel PCI Fast/Wide Ultra 2 SCSI Controller and
> Integrated Single Channel Narrow SCSI

Specs say this is a Symbios 896 controller, which is supported by FreeBSD.
There's a 876 chip on there too which isn't supported, which has the
narrow SCSI channel on it. Oh well, the Ultra2 controller works :)

Doug White