Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 2014 00:00:13 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Malcolm Douglas <mdoug12345678@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: man pthread

On Mon, 21 Jul 2014, Malcolm Douglas wrote:
> Sorry, not sure if this is the right way to handle this, but I saw a
> doc error.
>
> The pthread_cond_wait and pthread_cond_timedwait descriptions are
> incorrect in man pthread.
>
> The description is:
> Wait for a condition and lock the specified mutex.
>
> It should be:
> Wait for a condition and unlock the specified mutex.

The current description is actually correct, but not clear.  How about:

pthread_cond_timedwait()
   Unlock the specified mutex, wait no longer than the specified time for
   a condition, and then relock the mutex.

pthread_cond_wait()
   Unlock the specified mutex, wait for a condition, and relock the mutex.

Would that be better?

Thanks,

Gavin