Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 14:24:38 +1000
From:      Robert <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Q] ppp(d), NT, and routing between 2 networks.

Well,
some progress has been made. Finally have a connection between the
FreeBSD ppp(d) setup, and the NT server. Had to have the Encryption
disabled on the NT server.

Here's the question;
Now, the NT server is _part_ of a network, on which the DN server is
203.22.80.2, it's gateway to the internet is a router, 203.22.80.1.

The NT server anweres incoming calls for ppp. It's end of my link
is 203.22.80.20, and my end of that link is 203.22.80.21.

My DN server is on 203.1.96.5, the Annex is 203.1.96.4, a PC is
203.1.96.26
and a secure server (SSL) is 203.1.96.6

When the pppd link comes up, it show appropriate default route through
the 203.22.80.20 interface. My DN server can ping anything in the world,
but only the server can do this. Nothing else on my net can see through
the default gateway. ie; a ping from the PC to the remote DN server
fails.

Logging in to the other network, netstat reveals that it knows nothing
about my network, on the other side of the ppp link.

Is there something that has to be set up on mine to allow all units to
ping through the ppp link, and what has to be in place on the NT server
so traffic on that side can see across the ppp link to my net?

Thanks fo all the assistance so far folks, its been a real learning
experience.

cheers,
Bob
--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Books-New & Secondhand  Support Whirled Peas.
Agents for CIBTC. Associate of Amazon.com, and Partner Program with iBS.