Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:08:01 +0000
From:      Jez Hancock <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
To:        Alexandre Krasnov <tech@tern.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with DNS (UDP) queries

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 06:13:25PM +0300, freebsd@tern.ru wrote:
> Yes, I had thought about what you wrote.
> Because of this I mentioned that 'I do not want to turn off the "log
> in vain" feature.'
In that case I imagine you'd need to hack the kernel source code to make
it not log vain udp port 53 requests.  I'm fairly sure it's an 'all or
nothing' sysctl mib/flag.

Why do you want to log those vain connection attempts using
'log_in_vain' though? It would be a lot more suitable to use the
logging feature in ipfw2 and disable the log_in_vain feature completely.

Just my opinion though :P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer