Date:      Wed, 06 Jun 2012 01:37:18 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is this something we (as consumers of FreeBSD) need to be aware of?

jerrymc@msu.edu wrote:
> Quoting Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>:
>
> > UEFI considerations drive Fedora to pay MSFT to sign their kernel binaries
> > http://cwonline.computerworld.com/t/8035515/1292406/565573/0/
> >
> > This would seem to make compiling from source difficult.
> >

> I don't see how this MS scam is even at all legal.
> It is clearly restraint of trade and probably violates some other
> related laws too.

A shame Bush blocked dismembering monopolist Microsoft.
The last enormous fines Microsoft paid the EU for monopoly abuse,
presumably failed to discipline Microsoft.

Time for increased fines, till Microsoft stops abusing its monooly.
Would be nice if the fines were so high it forced a free recall by
hardware vendors to fix, if it can't be fixed with a UEFI net upgrade.

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultants Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, cumulative like a play script, & indent with "> ".