Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 00:30:49 +1000
From:      "Greg W" <greg@ausit.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mass Email

Here is something a Rick L Mantooth whipped up

you should be able to mod to your liking

Here is a quickie.

#!/bin/sh
# Build list of users from /etc/passwd starting with
# Line 19 so we don't send mail to non-users.
#
# Adjust below if statement to match your system.
#
(
cat /etc/passwd | awk '
BEGIN{
  FS=":"
  cnt=1
}
{
  if(cnt < 19){ cnt++ ; next }
  printf "%s@domain.com\n",$1
  cnt++
}'
) > /tmp/mail_list
#
# You may need to use grep -v statement in for
# loop below if you have added automated users
# ie: postgres, etc.. to filter out.
#
# Now to email out to the users.
for user in `cat /tmp/mail_list`
do
  mail "${user}" < /Path/To/File/File_To_Send_Here
done

rm -f /tmp/mail_list
# End script