Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:30:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   sendmail and relaying...

   Yesterday I posted a questions to the -questions list; this is a
   follow-up to everyone who wrote back (on- and off-line).  This is
   also to folks on the -stable list since I've begun running 4.1.

   Is there any way that I can disable the relay filtering?  My
   system is slightly unusual in that thought.org is an MX link
   with cray.com: tao.cray.com == tao.thought.org (IP-wise).  Trying
   to get things to work with /etc/mail/access may be impossible.
   Or close to.  Whenever I include the IP's from work, I either
   get a Relaying denied bounce from work when trying to send mail
   to kline@thought.org, or the mail ping-pongs 26 hops and dies.

   A work-around is to use my FQDN tao.thought.org.  Until recently
   I've been getting away from using my hostname.  And until last
   weekend, <user>@thought.org worked.

   Feedback?

   gary

--