Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 03:16:10 +0000
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originative.co.uk>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: RSA library problems

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Paul Richards wrote:
>
> > > Because the dlopen() of librsaintl.so fails.
> >
> > Ok, I give up :-) Why would that happen then ?
>
> I don't know :-)
>
> > I'm not the only person seeing this, it's been reported on the ports
> > list by someone else as well.
>
> Hmm, I think I missed this mail.

Actually I had this one in mind

Subject:         Problems with apache+php+mod_ssl-1.3.12+3.0.15+2.6.2
   Date:         Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:28:00 +0200 (SAST)
   From:         Khetan Gajjar <khetan@uunet.co.za>

but it's about a different problem.

> > Do you mean section 8.5? I was looking for implementation details not a
> > general overview.
> >
> > e.g. what goes on in libcrypto that determines which of the librsa*
> > libraries to load. Yes, I know I could read the code but I'm just
> > looking for some general pointers as to what's supposed to be going on.
>
> libcrypto tries to dlopen() librsaintl, or failing that, librsausa when a
> RSA function is called.
>
> librsaintl contains the OpenSSL RSA code.
>
> librsausa contains wrappers which interface to the RSAREF API, and calls
> librsaref via dlopen().

Ok, I looked at the code. It looks like the rsaref_stubs.c getsym() is
being called, which doesn't even try to open the INTL lib.

As far as I can see libcrypto is being built with rsa_stubs.c so how
come the other getsym() is being called!

I haven't managed to work out how that's happening,
> If you need more than that, perhaps either read the code or the mailing
> list archives for the last month. I've explained it all N>>1 times :-)

The mail archive isn't returning any results at all for 2000, I'd
already tried looking there :-)

Paul.