Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 2015 12:04:11 -0200
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        Toby <misc.lists@fsck.ch>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Set GPIO at boot on Raspberry Pi

On 20 December 2015 at 16:56, Toby <misc.lists@fsck.ch> wrote:

> That's what linux has, setting max_usb_current=1 in their
> /boot/config.txt sets GPIO38 to high. I don't know if they have a
> generic way of configuring pins though.

This seems to be a firmware thing, all settings in config.txt are
parsed by firmware. After all the high current mode has to be enabled
as early as possible to allow the system boot with a high current
device plugged in.

If the firmware sets this pin high, FreeBSD GPIO driver won't change it.

Try to update the firmware and see if that helps.

Luiz