Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 1998 13:50:01 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Jeremy Kraft <std@fruit.n.fiber.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: jdk.

> Has anyone installed jdk (im sure you have...) on a 2.25R system?

The jdk port is a joke.  I'm not sure why it was screwed up, but it was.

You might want to try out:

ftp://hub.freebsd.org/incoming/java/jdk1.1.5.tar.gz

The JDK porters are in the process of making a new release RSN, (I said
this last week, but some bugs cropped up that are now fixed), so
assuming no big bugs crop up a new version will be out next week.

I've also got a volunteer who is going to update the JDK 'port' to
actually be valid, so hopefully you'll see an updated/usable version in
the near future.

Nate