Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 00:25:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        dbabler@Rigel.orionsys.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems making expect

 * # uname -a
 * FreeBSD Rigel.orionsys.com 2.1.5-STABLE FreeBSD 2.1.5-STABLE #0:
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh...that's the problem.  The port you took is for -current.
FreeBSD-current has tcl in /usr/src but 2.1-stable does not.

You will need to (at the minimum) extract the tcl source in lang/tcl75
and edit the Makefile to reflect that fact.  But I don't know if that
will work though. :(

 * Age is probably the problem, since I'm running 2.1.5-stable (waiting for
 * the new CD from my subscription - shouldn't the new CD's have shipped by
 * now?), but all of the components were originally from the 2.1.5 CD (Tcl75,

I've heard 2.1.6 just started shipping, but it won't help your
particular problem.

 * tk41, expect-5.21) so I was hoping I could get by until I can update the
 * OS release. The root of the problem is I'm trying to run the Quakeserver
 * port in response to my user's requests. I'm assuming I'd be in trouble if
 * I tried just installing the package(s) from 2.2.

Yes, you will be in trouble.  Can you just use the port/package on the
CD?  We really don't have enough manpower to maintain the ports tree
for two releases....

Satoshi