Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 15:47:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Michael Richards" <michael@fastmail.ca>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AS1200 boot loader

--------------Boundary-00=_NNHA25RCC5GNTT4D7TH0

> Try installing with the boot floppy at
> http://my.beerfountain.com/~miker/new-kern.flp  -- this was a test
> floppy put up by the person who fixed the loader for 1200s (and
> other big-iron platforms).  There may be more recent floppies
> available -- I don't know.

That floppy implements the latest changes that I'm aware of. In order
to work 100% on non-intel platforms the loader needs to be
significantly changed so it can know when you intend to change a
floppy so it can close the disk device through SRM. My suggestion so
far has been to implement a "changedisk" command in the loader script
but I haven't had the chance to implement it yet. So much work, so
little time.

I may try to get back to it within the next few weeks.

-Michael