Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 1998 23:10:00 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        "Alfred Kwan" <kal2fre4@sol.racsa.co.cr>, "FreeBSD" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Where is X?

At 10:29 PM 6/30/98 -0700, Alfred Kwan wrote:

which files I need to download in order to install XFree86 and which
server, ftp.cdrom.com or ftp.xfree86.org , and the step and command to
install under FreeBSD 2.2.6. Are there any book or web pages to teach me
how to type FreeBSD command? (I even don't know how to "edit" or using
"dir/p" in FreeBSD :-( )

Thans!

</fontfamily>

</excerpt><<<<<<<<

ftp.xfree86.org (or one of its mirrors) is what you want. I don't know
the exact directories off the top of my head, but you want the binaries
distribution for FreeBSD. once you find the right directory, the release
notes or the readme will tell you what you need to download and hwo to
install.

--Ludwig Pummer

ludwigp@bigfoot.com

ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org