Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 1996 14:05:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   *groan* Another panic: ufs_close?

Hi...

	Well, I have virtually no information on this, since for some
reason, stable won't give me a core dump to analyze, and hasn't for
months now.  As soon as I type "panic" from the DDB prompt, the HD
LED comes on full (totally off prior to that) and the SCSI bus locks
up and the system just hands there.

	What happened this time?

Fatal trap 1: privileged instruction fault while in kernel mode
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xf0177cdd

current process = 9184 (innxmit)

Stopped at _ufs_close+0x79

trace:

	_ufs_close+0x79
	_end at 0xf082008

	That's it, nothing else in the trace.

	I don't even think there is enough informatino here to warrant
a PR...:(

	the kernel is one compiled and sup'd in Friday Night/Saturday
morning.

	Help?  I'm getting better uptimes out of my -current machine
right now...and most of those downtimes are me upgrading the kernel :(

Marc G. Fournier | POP Mail  Telnet Acct  DNS Hosting
System           |  WWW Services   Database Services  | Knowledge,
  Administrator  |                                    | Information and
 scrappy@ki.net  |      WWW: http://www.ki.net        | Communications, Inc