Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 03:22:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        michaelv@HeadCandy.com (Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, jcald@orbit1i.nesdis.noaa.gov, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Looking for help selecting tape device

Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> >> What's wrong with the T1000?  I seem to recall that people have been
> >> using them OK - I'd check the mailing list archives for references
> >> before giving up hope.
>
> >	the HP Colorado T1000 comes in two flavors:  floppy and parallel.
> >	capacity is 400MB native, 800MB (approx) compressed.  thruput
> >	will be *slow*.  unless you have no other choice, you  dont want
> >	this device.
>
> >	get yourself a nice scsi tape unit 1.3GB native for the same price.
>
> Since when can you get SCSI tape drives for the same price as cheap
> floppy-controller tape drivers?  I've yet to see one even close...

	since several months ago.  the HP Colorado T1000 cost about $200US
	the archive anaconda 1.3GB QIC scsi drive costs $195US
	http://www.corpsys.com/

	i hvae some detailed info available on the drive.

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD--4.4BSD Unix for PC clones, source included. http://www.freebsd.org/