Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 10:07:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Preserving "record structure" during device writes

I'm resurrecting my SCSI target stuff from 386bsd.

If processor A tries to read 32 bytes from processor B, and processor
B only sends 8, physio keeps looping on the read until we either timeout
or receive the full 32 bytes (four transfers).

What is the right way to handle this?  My inclination is that
we want to return a short read, but then I can't just use rawread and
rawwrite.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936