Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
To:        Nguyen Phi Khanh <nguyenpk@kuci.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ISP@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limiting users from cd-ing to directories.

> 	It's come to my attention that there's supposedly a method to
> limit users from cd-ing out of the home directory of their account.  Say,
> if a user's home directory is /home/users/johndoe, then he can't cd to
> /home/users or /home or even to any other system directory but his own and
> the subdirectories within his home directory.  If this is true, how is it
> done?  Supposedly login.conf?

Its done with wu-ftpd, and making the users home directory
/usr/home/users/./ and putting something like this in ftpaccess :

guestgroup      ftpusers

then all users in ftpusers would be limited to their home
directory(provided they have a /./ at the end)

Someone please correct me if im wrong, its been awhile since I set that
up.