Date:      Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:22:11 -0500
From:      Matthew Reimer <mreimer@vpop.net>
To:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: No UTF-8 support?

Martin Blapp wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>I upgraded to OOo 1.0.1, and it is working fine except for UTF-8.
>>Previously I was using 1.0 and en_US.UTF-8 (from the misc/utf8locale
>>port) worked fine. Mozilla and xterm work fine with en_US.UTF-8.
>>
>>Is the solution as simple as adding a define to
>>patch-sal::osl::unx::nlsupport.c to list UTF-8 as in the NetBSD section?
>>E.g.:
>

> Yes. That should do it. Can you test this ? Do we have this in
> our system locale ?

I haven't tested it by building OOo, but I hacked libsal.so.3.0.1 with a
hex editor to test it, and it worked fine.

en_US.UTF-8 isn't in the system locale but it is supplied by the
utf8locale port, which installs this and a few other locales into
/usr/local/share/locale and makes to them in /usr/share/locale.

Matt