Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 18:51:59 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: plan statically linked?

> The FreeBSD standard is to put things in appropriate subdirectories of
> /usr/local.  In your case, it should look like
>
> /usr/local/bin             binaries
> /usr/local/etc             configuration scripts
> /usr/local/lib             static/shared libraries
> /usr/local/share/doc/plan  documentation
>
>If the examples aren't too big, just stick them in share/doc/plan.
>
>Satoshi

I updated the port and placed everything that was user-executable under
/usr/local/bin, and everything else under /usr/local/share/doc/plan.
Manpages are still in /usr/local/man/...

The latest port is in:

  ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/plan-1.5-port2.tar.gz

I didn't make another statically linked package 'cause I know you'll
make one anyways ;-)

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org