Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:20:03 +0200
From:      "Carroll, D. (Danny)" <Danny.Carroll@mail.ing.nl>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@mu.org>, "Wilko Bulte" <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Code Red is from default setup

It's been done, except it didn't reboot, but rather patched the box or
removed the mappings (can't remember).
Then it searched for other machines using the same IPsearch algorithm as
Code Red.

It wasn't released into the wild, tho, it was just a demonstration that
I read about on another security list.

-D