Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 13:54:54 -0800
From:      Steven Kehlet <kehlet@fisix.com>
To:        Darren Henderson <darren@nighttide.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: statefull packet filter together with natd question

> > numbers on established packets, etc).  I see you got this from
> > http://www.bsdtoday.com/2000/December/Features359.html.
>
> Yes, it was a very helpful site. Hopefully I haven't given the impression
> that this was personal creation; in future I need to make notation

I'm sure no one got upset :-).  I only pointed it out because the
author of that page (Peter Brezny) had joined in this thread, and
other people might be interested in that url as well :-).  Credit
never hurts, but in this community we're all borrowing from each
other anyway...

> Ah, I did suspect I had missed the full nature of the problem. On the off
> chance that I hadn't I just wanted to forward what I had, I know searching
> for answers can be quite time consuming on occassion and I had it on hand.

THANKS for offering your rules for discussion... I should have made
my appreciation more clear :-).  There are very few examples of
stateful ipfw + natd out there...

Thanks! :-),

Steve