Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 08:24:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>, Jeff Roberts <jroberts@ashland.edu>, hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mcAffee Anti Virus

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Charles Owens wrote:
>
> > The guy I spoke with handles all of the tech support for all Unix versions
> > of VirusScan.  He said that I was the _only_ person to ever call about the
> > FreeBSD version... there have only been a handful of calls about the Linux
> > version.
>
> 	Until reading this thread, I didn't even know *Unix* versions existed,
> let along Linux -or- FreeBSD ones *shrug*

Just to make sure you understood. (becuase I didn't until i looked at it)
This is a FreeBSD virus scanner to scan msdos files that happen to be
stored on your FreeBSD server. It is not a scanner to find FreeBSD
viruses.  I think it is meant for use with things like SAMBA servers.  We
have a couple servers running SAMBA and dishing out files, so that is why
we are looking into it.

Should I call Mcaffee and lodge a bug notice, just to add a few numbers to
the group? or Do you think you have covered it?

I am fairly sure we are going to purchase it.

> Marc G. Fournier
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Christopher J. Coleman (chris@aries.bb.cc.wa.us)
Computer Support Technician I  (509)-766-8873
Big Bend Community College  Internet Instructor
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://vinyl.quickweb.com/~chrisc/book.html
Disclaimer: Even Though it has My Name on it, Doesn't mean I said it.