Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 1995 09:33:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
To:        Jerry Kendall <Jerry.Kendall@vmicls.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Umm..

On Thu, 30 Nov 1995, Jerry Kendall wrote:

> I was at the University of Toronto Bookstore yesterday and
> say something call 'MOO-TIFF'. It claimed it was a MOTIF compatible library
> for Linux.
>

> Is this true?????
>
> Is it available for FreeBSD ????
>
> Jerry

MOO-TIFF isn't Motif-compatible, it IS actual OSF/Motif (2.0 I believe).
The low cost comes from the fact that you don't get much (if any?)
technical support for it.  You're basically just paying for the Motif
licensing fee, the cost of the CD, and the cost of the Linux port.

And no, I don't think it's available for FreeBSD, but SWiM, another Motif
2.0 port, is, for about $149.  I saw it at the ACC Bookstore for Linux
and FreeBSD:  http://www.acc-corp.com/

---Jake