Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 18:16:24 -0500
From:      "Alfred" <alfred@sol.racsa.co.cr>
To:        "FreeBSD Question" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   XF86_3DLabs?

Hi all! I am a new user of FreeBSD. I encountered some trouble to install
FreeBSD. I run the XF86Setup after installing FreeFSD 3.1, after selecting
the card I am using(Diamond Fire GL Pro 1000, 3DLabs Permedia2), then a
message at the bottom of the screen appeared, telling me that the
XF86_3DLabs is not installed, and tell me to install it first. But I am
totally a new user in the Unix world, I don't really know how to install the
"server" for 3DLabs, althought I found the file I want in the CD in
windows98, but I can't find anywhere to install it in the installation
process, can anyone tell me how to do that. And I have a couple of questions
more, how to use the CDROM drive, "mount" it? but what's the ID of my
CDROM,it is the master of my secondary IDE channel, I think I can install
thevideo server by accessing the CDROM, right?
Is the file .sh like the dos .bat file?
If I can setup it, I think I will switch my working platform to FreeBSD
instead of the easily halt windows, the only thing I worry is the XWindow,
is it that  easy to use and with a high performance. And because learning
unix command is hard(at least I think), are there any command list for me to
read on the internet?
I am a lot of questions, really thanks for answering.
Alfred