Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:31:44 +0200
From:      Yonatan Bokovza <Yonatan@xpert.com>
To:        'Stephen McKay' <mckay@thehub.com.au>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Islam (was: Religions (was Re: helping victims of terror))

I'll take on that as I probably have more information on this then you guys.
Fighting terror is a hard problem in modern day and age as many
facilities and strategies that we're developed for all-out army war are
almost irrelevant.
A very good solution that can be applied in small territories such as Israel
is getting *a lot* of Intel on *known* targets and "eliminating" them.
Yes, people are being killed. Yes, *all* of them are terrorists.
No, these are not the same methods as the terrorist's. An army can't
send suicide bombers to explode themselves amidst a crowd of civilians.
You have question the "target acquiring" process. The process in which it's
decided to level this or the other individual. I dare you to find one
declared
"target" who has not earned that title.
Comparing the Israeli tactics with the American tactic, which failed
miserably in Vietnam and in the Gulf war, I think "elimination" of selected
individuals is much more humane and less prone to hurt bystanders.
It seems absurd to compare the Israeli "eliminations" to terrorists
activity,
it is a controlled-army action against proven terrorists. It's as if I was
comparing the American activities in Afghanistan, which undoubtedly are
*meant* to protect Americans, to terrorists activity.