Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:12:02 -0500
From:      Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>
To:        Michael Grant <mg-fbsd3@grant.org>
Cc:        Erik Greenwald <erik@smluc.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: find by inode

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 12:23:44AM +0200, Michael Grant wrote:
<snip>

> No, it does not.  ls -i gives you the files in that directory and
> lists their inode numbers.
>
> It does NOT give you file names are hard linked to any individual inode.

oops, misinterpreted what you wanted to do :) I've been dealing a lot
with multiple files attached to single inodes lately, but all in the
same directory, and loading them up to do stuff with them, not merely
'reverse resolving' them. Sorry for the noise :)

--
        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.