Date:      Sat, 6 Aug 2022 11:53:34 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Yuri <yuri@FreeBSD.org>, "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [NEWS] GitLab plans to delete dormant projects in free accounts

Am 04.08.22 um 19:19 schrieb Yuri:
> Hi,
>
> This article may be of interest to some because many ported projects are hosted
> on GitLab.
>
> https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/04/gitlab_data_retention_policy/

Old news ... :-)

https://www.theregister.com/2022/08/05/gitlab_reverses_deletion_policy/

Seems they did not fully understand the possible consequences
of deleting unmaintained projects when they made the initial
announcement.

But I wouldn't be surprised if some projects moved away from
GitLab after that announcement, and ports may need to be
adjusted to fetch from some other repository in the future ...

Regards, STefan