Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:58:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jai Dhar <jdhar@omega.focalnetworks.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Parallel port Programming

Hi,

I am trying to interface an LCD with buttons to my parport in FreeBSD. Now
as I understand it, PPI is the 'geek' interface.. I'v been using it, and
it's great, but does it provide any means for interrupt handling? The
reason I ask is because if I press a button for example, I do not want to
send my program into an endless loop checking to see if a certain pin is
high.. I think it would be more efficient to have an interrupt triggered
when I press a button, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing this.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Jai