Date:      Sat, 1 Nov 1997 12:56:24 -0700
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiport Ethernet Cards

Quoting dennis (dennis@etinc.com)
On Subject: Re: Multiport Ethernet Cards
Date: Sat, Nov 01, 1997 at 01:44:19PM -0500

> At 11:20 AM 11/1/97 +0100, sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:
> >> Since ZNYX has delayed shipment of their 4port 10/100 nics,
> >> we are looking at alternatives.
> >>
> >> What are peoples experience with either the adaptec or the matrox
> >> multiport nics.  or is there  another nic that is getting rave
> >> reveiws, that I haven't mentioned.
> >
> >If two port NICs are an option for you, we have very good experience
> >with the SMC 9332BDT (21140 based, of course).
>
> Anyone have a US price for these? Are they still much more that
> twice the single port cards?

	the quad cards are ~ $250 (canadian) per port but this is
	still cheaper than gettting a 16 port passive PCI back plane
	computer and using single nics. (~425 per port canadian ) and
	a lot cheaper than a 8 or 12 port cisco.

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +403 413 1910	  Fax: +403 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)