Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:22:46 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        "Devon H. O'Dell" <dodell@offmyserver.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Finally, an implementation of a new FreeBSD.org

--8JPrznbw0YAQ/KXy

On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 08:12:33PM +0100, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 10:44 -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 07:01:47PM +0100, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> > > Which red? The Beastie logo was an old version; a new one has been
> > > uploaded. This is Chris' submission for the new logo. Ideally whatever
> > > we use for the new logo should be placed there.
> >=20
> > The red used for the <h1> headers.  You updated all of the other
> > colors to blue but you left the hot red section titles from the old
> > design which clashes with your new cool color based design.
>=20
> Ah, alright. I'll see if I can find a nice matching dark blue. The
> difficult thing about these headers is that they're actually made with a
> going to go through the web site and clean these sorts of old-style HTML
> semantics up, remove HTML text display and formatting tags (except for
> the tables) and extend the stylesheets.

Hmm.  I already have a patchset for removing the <font> stuff from the
headers, but I don't know which of these machines it is on.  I could
have sworn it was already in Perforce... /me checks... yep, changes
70895 and 70899.

> > I think the best thing to do is to look through the archives for the
> > last 3 months for posts about this from Ceri, Simon, and others.
> > There are links to other designs and ideas.  That is the best way to
> > see who else is working on redesigns and how best to collaborate.
> > There have been nice additions posted here and there, but nothing that
> > all together made a huge improvement, so there is room for people to
> > come in and take stock of the different ideas that have been posted
> > and integrate the best components together.
> >=20
> > http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2005/freebsd-www/
>=20
> Certainly it appears that Ceri's work on the stylesheets for index.html
> has been helpful; certainly without that we wouldn't have been able to
> make some of the changes. I'll continue to dig through the mail archives
> for potentially useful stuff :)

Glad it's turned out to be of some use.  It's an open branch, so if you
have an account, feel more than free to use it.

Ceri
--=20
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)

--8JPrznbw0YAQ/KXy

--8JPrznbw0YAQ/KXy--