Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 13:11:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ian P. Thomas" <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        rbb0002@unt.edu (Bob Bomar)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys Ether net card

	YMMV.  You need either al0, dc0, or maybe there is another
variation on this card that I am missing, in your kernel config.  Check the
number on the card to see which variation you have and then go to
geocrawler and search through the list if the above doesn't work.  I am
runnning 3.x stable and mine uses al0.  I believe the dc0 is used in 4.x.
I get FreeBSD to recognize the card but it cannot get its MAC address.

Ian

In the last episode, Bob Bomar stated...