Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:53:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        freebsd@mrynet.com (FreeBSD list)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS hangs root on today's CVSUP -- Unaddressed issue

    It sounds like a network, firewall, or configuration problem.  It
    is also possible that the 5.0 server is to blame (being -current).
    The best thing to do is to try to narrow down why your mount
    is failing.  Look at /var/log/messages and see if there are any
    error messages from mountd.  Use tcpdump to snarf the packets to
    see if the mount requests are being sent out and acknowledgements
    returned.  There are only about a thousand things that could be
    causing problem.  It's unlikely that -stable is inherently flawed
    here, though it is possible.

					-Matt