Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:25:02 +0900
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Project Launches Improved Website

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
Date: 06-Oct-2005 10:19
To: Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>

On 06/10/05, Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org> wrote:
> The FreeBSD Project is pleased to announce the launch of a new website
> today.  Please visit http://www.FreeBSD.org and let us know what you
> think.

That is a very refreshing new look.  It appears people have already
mentioned the background.  The button bar could use a :hover attribute
that changes the appearance of the active button.  (By button bar, I
mean the navigation menu that says "Home" "About" and etc.)  Also the
"Get FreeBSD Now" and "New to FreeBSD?" links might be more obvious as
links if they did something on hover (Underlined themselves and
brightened text colour?).  The only other thing I see offhand is that
the current position in the navigation menu is visually unclear.  For
instance, if I click on "About" in the main navigation menu, there is
nothing indicating that I am under the "About" navigation tree.  The
same applies to the secondary menus.  If I click on "News" in the
secondary menu, it would be nice to see where in both the secondary
tree and the primary one I am.  While the first item in the sub-menu
for each primary navigation entry does have it's top entry match, the
header for the column does not exactly match the secondary navigation
item that was selected.  My 2円,

Eric

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.

--
If I write a signature, my emails will appear more personalised.