Date:      Sat, 11 Aug 2012 20:51:20 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=EDa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wiki information for the JDownloader port

Hi all,

Would anyone update the JDownloader porting status section in the wiki[1]?

I gave it a try some time ago and the conclusions of my work are
available in this thread[2]. To summarize the thing, JDownloader
doesn't seem a good candidate to be in the ports collection. It has
auto updates nailed into the code so every time it starts up it tries
to upload itself. It also assumes one "installation" per user and
doesn't seem to be easy to install once and use many times. Upstream
developers refused to include a configuration knob to disable auto
updates. Maybe this information is of any use in case someone wants to
take over the task. I gave up since it can be used just downloading
the .jar file[3] available at the website.

Also, I don't mind to be contacted in case someone is interested in
taking over the task.

Cheers.

[1] http://wiki.freebsd.org/WantedPorts
[2] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2012-July/076462.html