Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 03:29:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      mi@aldan.ziplink.net
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/2057: tiff-3.4 port

>Number:         2057
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Yet another port of tiff-3.4
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2-960801-SNAP i386
>Environment:

	The current, v3.3 port of SGI's tiff library is 2 years
	old. SGI has added plenty of nice things into it (including
	ZIP and JPEG support). At the moment, there are two different
	ports of version 3.4 waiting in the incoming directory.
	One of them (tiff34.tar.gz.use_this_instead) is  waiting
	since beginning of October. Another one -- tiff.tar.gz,
	just uploaded (next time, I'll check the incoming directory
	too, not just html://www.freebsd.org/ports/graphics.html).

	Let the best one be chosen and put into the ports tree...

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

	Download the port from the incoming directory and use it.