Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 04:50:28 -0400
From:      Whee Kim <philuint@erols.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   AWE32 not fonund?! Help!

    Hi. I am rebuilding my kernel and facing some problems here.

   I have AWE32 PNP sound card and FreeBSD 2.2.6

   I have following lines for my kernel and compiled it.

         controller    snd0
          device        sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vectore
sbintr
          device        sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
          device        sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
          device        opl0 at isa? port 0x388
          device        awe0 at isa? port 0x620

However, at probing, I got following messages.

   AWE32 not found
   AWE32: not detected

  What is wrong? The settings are all correct... IRQ.. I/O and
everything.  I found out that AWE is using three I/O
...0620h-0623h,0a20h-0a23h, and 0e20h-0e23h.  Which one should I use?