Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 1999 21:56:17 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dbm_* manpages for review

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 10:22:47PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> Tim Singletary has written some man pages for the dbm_* functions in libc,
> which are currently undocumented -- we know they are written in terms
> of dbopen(), but it's nice to have them documented anyway.
>
> Could anyone who knows anything about DBM take a look at docs/12557 and
> let me know if they are correct?  If they are, I'll commit them.

I've had one response to this so far, from Mike Pritchard (thanks Mike).
He's corrected some of the macro use in the submitted documentation,
but said he didn't do a technical review.

So I'm still waiting for any DBM hackers out there to take the 10 minutes
required to look at this.

If there's no response in (say) 3 days, I'll commit Mike's cleaned up
version -- if there are any inaccuracies, I'm sure the wider FreeBSD
user base will let us know about them. . .

PS:  Only half-kidding about that last paragraph.
--
 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs