Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:12:33 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   sound on toshiba laptop

hi all,

i have been running 4.2-stable, and i have not had my sound working
correctly since 4.0.  It's a Satellite 4010cdt with the opl-sax3 sound
device.  I use pcm as the driver.  This device does not seem to handle .wav
files correctly, and give the same error every time: /dev/dsp invalid device

I sent a PR (24603) but nothing seems to have corrected it.

Has anyone seen this?
Is there any way to fix it?

jm