Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 11:11:22 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default routes?

> I'm setting up another laptop here with the box stock FreeBSD
> distribution, and ... I may just be tired or I may have a real question.

No, it's real and somewhat of a key one.

> If I insert my ethernet card, how does the default route get set up?

It doesn't.  Yet.

> Brazen suggestion:  should we do this in pccard_ether?  Then have a
> variable like pccard_defaultrouter?  Or does it normally get handled in
> some other more correct place?

For now, do it in pccard_ether as a hack to get yourself going.  I am
in the process of writing a new rc.interface script which is to be
called when an interface arrives/departs, which will obviate this, but
it's not yet ready for primetime.

mike