Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:12:51 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Incoming Mail List <mailist@whoweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhcpd lease time-outs

Are you catching dhcp activity to a log file with syslog?
I have this in my syslog.conf:

daemon.*                /var/log/dhcplog

and /var/log/dhcplog contains a log of all dhcpd activity.  Quite
handy when time comes to debug a problem.

Also why are you using dhcpd v3?  Last time I looked at the isc dhcpd
web page they were still insisting that v3 is very alpha yet, and
unless you have a need for one of its new features you should stick
with v2 for now.  Not saying you don't, but if what you've shown of
your config file is the whole thing, you can certainly do it with v2.

Anyhow your config looks reasonable to me, but I'm running v2.  I
don't know how many v3 users you'll find on freebsd-questions.

-Mitch