Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:12:14 -0600
From:      "Gerard R. Giamberdine" <gerard@bwn.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE drive slot switch

I have an old Pentium 166 computer that runs freebsd 2.2.2, which I've
forgotten about for a while. The drive with freebsd was set up to run as
the secondary master IDE. The original primary drives are no longer
available and I'm trying to switch this drive to the primary master
slot. I've gone in to /etc/fstab and changed the wd2s1x's to wd0x's. The
computer boots up now but stops as it attempts to (re)mount / (mount -u
-o rw /), and says something like 'specified device does not match
mounted device'. I can mount all the partitions just fine manually. Any
idea what the problem may be?